Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Kahlia's Birthday

21st June 2007
Today is Kahlia's Birthday, and I am determined to make the most of it! this morning started well, I was all ready for work just brushing my teeth as the phone rang, (it was Lindsay my boss) He said " I have to cancel your shift today as I have soemone else who is cheaper than you to work" I couldnt beleive it, thisnow means I have only eight hours of work this week....I could do one of two things.

1. Wallow in self pity, as this little girl is only 2 years old and with out a dad on the first real birthday that she can remember, and be sad because I couldnt afford to buy her a present or even buy groceries for her to have a birthday party. Be angry about losing my shifts, I could give up and just say satan do what you want, you are the destroyer and you have taken so much already take it it all! Or I could....

2. Be thankful for the day that the Lord has made and rejoice in the fact that my beautiful princess is 2 today! Spend the day being thankful for her. Be happy and humbled that Linda provided a present from her work (Salvation Army Community Services) for me to hand to my baby this morning and always remember the smile on her face and the laughter when she opened that cabbage patch doll - Glenda Jeannie! it dosent matter how she remembers this day as long as it is a loving day. Be forever gratefull that God has through Linda using the Salvation Army Community Services provided us again with enough food to get by for another week and a birthday cake to celebrate this little princess...Lord I am forever grateful, and it is a timely reminder that no matter what the enemy tries to steal you will always provide! and I WILL take back what the enemy has stolen and say...." here LORD....Take it all....I lay it at your feet!"

Isaiah 54 vs 13-16.

13. All your sons will be taught by the LORD, and great will be yor childrens peace.
14. In rightousness you will be established; Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you.
15. if anyone does attack you , it will not be my doing; whoever attacks you will surrender to you.
"See, it is I who created the black smith who fans the coals into flame and forges a weapon fit for its work. and it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc; no weapon forged againts you will prevail; and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage if the sevants of the LORD. and this is ther vindication from me." declares the LORD.
Every day God shows me another part of Isaiah 54 that can be used to lift my spirit and my heart.

I choose option 2!

Happy birthday Baby girl! Luv Mama.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Johnson said...

u inspire me sooo much!!!! keep persevering. you are doing amazing!!!!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home