Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A new Start

Well where to start...Imust say to all you guys my blog is going to change a little...maybe a lot..this blog will now turn into a journey of healing and promises from God. In the last two months life has had considerable changes for the Ah-Fa family, Lei and I have gone through a seperation which was out of my control, and now the kids and I are on our own. Life has been extreemly tough, and It has been hard even to just make ends meet!
But I will not give up.
Recently a friend who was praying with me said God gave her a word for my life and here is how the story goes!


A few weeks ago Louise gave me a scripture Isaiah 54 : 5, then Karyn gave me a scripture a week after that Isaiah 54 :4 then on Sunday night just gone Chris was preaching and he was talking about "Faith" and he spoke of Noah, now you see I have read this story before and never really heard it the way Chris said it. God commanded Noah to build a Ark as the rain was going to come down and the whole earth would be flooded, I never realised that Noah had never seen rain before because until that point God had always watered the soil from below the ground! so Noah being as faithful as he was too God set about making the Ark, everyone thought he was crazy as they also did not know what rain was...Noah continued to build the Ark for 120 years and you know what...he never heard from God once during that time...so he built this Ark on complete faith, just as God had commanded him to do...a God he could not see, and rain he did not know...what faith. Anyway at the end of the meeting Chris said he wanted us to call out our prayers to God, and I did. And as I did I saw myself being Slain in the spirit, and I thought not tonight Lord Asia is here, then Karen Clark came and said God had given her a vision of me standing with my arms extended towards heaven and then rain pouring down on my face, but it was all the tears that I had cried so far and God had bottled them up,and he was saying "Daughter you are forgiven" I then shared with Karen (someone whomI have never shared with before) that I have been very suicidle and have not been coping well at all, she said lets go and pray with Seema, it was not long before God really started his work in me that night, the first words Seema prayed was "Rain" down you power Lord, then not long after that I was on the ground...haha.
After a while Louise came over and I then told Seema exactly what has been going on for me and Lei and that we have seperated and that he is living somewhere else now, she was so sad she began to cry...and then pray, and then she said "God has comanded that you read the whole of chapter 54 in Isaiah....so Lou grabbed her bible and started to read, and man was it amazing,
Isaiah 54
1. Sing O barren woman, you who never bore a child: burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labour: Because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband." says the LORD.
2. "Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back, lengthen your cords and strenghten your stakes.
3. For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your decendents will dispossess nations and settle in the desolate cities.
4. "Do not be afraid, you will not suffer shame. Do fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of you youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood.
5. For you Maker is your husband - the LORD Almighty is his name- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; He is called the God of all the earth.
6. "The LORD will call you back as if you were a wife deserted and distresed in spirit- a wife who married young only to be rejected." says your God.
7. "For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with deep compassion I will bring you back.
8. In a surge of anger, I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you'" says the LORD your Redeemer.
9. "To me this is like the days of Noah, whenI swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth. So now I have sworn not to be angry with you, never to rebuke you again,
10. Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be far removed yet my unfailing Love for you will not be shaken, nor my covenent of peace be removed." says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
11. O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted, I will build you with stones of turquoise," your foundations with sapphires.
12. I will make your battlements of rubies and your gates of sparkiling jewels, and all your walls of precious stones.
13. All your sons will be taught by the LORD, and great will be yor childrens peace.
14. In rightousness you will be established; Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you.
15. if anyone does attack you , it will not be my doing; whoever attacks you will surrender to you.
16. "See, it is I who created the black smith who fans the coals into flame and forges a weapon fit for its work. and it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc; no weapon forged againts you will prevail; and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage if the sevants of the LORD. and this is ther vindication from me." declares the LORD.

This scripure was amazing to me, It talks about my here & now, my past and the rebuilding of my future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Johnson said...

hey kerrie,
this blog brings tears to my eyes. i miss you soo much and i wish i could be there to give u a huge hug!!! God is all about fresh starts and he is giving you one. you are blessed and beautiful!! i love you soo much!!!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home